A Little Bit of Culture

My New Year's resolution for 2006 is to add a little bit of culture to my life. The purpose of this blog is to document my cultural experiences and discoveries.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Garlic Cream Sauce

Both my husband and I enjoy cooking, but I will be the first to admit that my husband is the chef in our household. Our cooking styles are very different. I always use a recipe, never deviate from the instructions, and always carefully measure the ingredients. If a recipe contains an item I don't care for I search for an alternative recipe. My husband uses a recipe as an outline, varying ingredients to suit his palate, and altering temperatures and cooking times at will. Needless to say, his cooking style has led to some interesting menu items.

His latest creation, Stuffed Chicken Breasts, was so delectable that I must share:

Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Garlic Cream Sauce
6 skinless boneless chicken breasts
6 slices Gruyere Cheese
1 1/2 cups spinach
Marinated red peppers
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 T. flour
1 T. olive oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pound chicken between two pieces of plastic wrap to 1/4 inches. Top each half with one slice cheese, 1/4 c. spinach and 3 to 4 slices red pepper. Fold in half, pinching edges together; sprinkle with salt & pepper. Dredge chicken in flour; heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium to high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes on each side. Place chicken in a shallow baking pan; bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes or until done.

Sauce
2 T. butter
1 tsp minced garlic
3 T. flour
1 (3 oz) package of cream cheese
1 can chicken broth
1/2 tsp pepper
In small saucepan, melt butter, add garlic. Cook for one minute, then add flour and cook until smooth and bubbly. Add other ingredients, stirring occasionally, until sauce is smooth and thickened.

Pour sauce over chicken and serve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home