A Little Bit of Culture

My New Year's resolution for 2006 is to add a little bit of culture to my life. The purpose of this blog is to document my cultural experiences and discoveries.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Culture through the eyes of a three year old

Last summer my brother took my little three year old niece to visit her mother's former farm, which had recently been converted into an Elk farm. They had the opportunity to tour the farm giving my niece a chance to observe hundreds of Elk in their new setting. They then toured the newly built registration center which had been decorated by mounting several elk heads on the wall. My niece, after looking around the center, turned to my brother and said, "Daddy, what do they do with the animal’s bodies after they cut the heads off the bodies and hang them on the wall? I don't see any bodies without heads."

Isn’t it interesting to see how something that our culture accepts as normal can look differently when seen through the eyes of a child?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home