A Little Bit of Culture

My New Year's resolution for 2006 is to add a little bit of culture to my life. The purpose of this blog is to document my cultural experiences and discoveries.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Eight Below


Just left the theater, we saw Eight Below. Netflix describes the movie, which is inspired by a true story, as an action-adventure about loyalty and the bonds of friendship set in the extreme wilderness of Antarctica. The film tells the story of three members of a scientific expedition: Jerry Shepard, his best friend, Cooper, and a rugged American geologist, who are forced to leave behind their team of beloved sled dogs due to a sudden accident and perilous weather conditions in Antarctica. During the harsh, Antarctic winter, the dogs must struggle for survival alone in the intense frozen wilderness for over 6 months. Glad we saw it on the big screen. The film was emotional, leaving me with a lump in my throat. If you are a dog owner, I guarantee you will go home and hug your dogs. My two guys are pictured above. We now appreciate them more than ever.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:38 AM, Blogger Lotus Reads said…

    This is off topic, but I did want to thank you for pointing me to Womenfolk - it's a great blog. I will visit again.

     
  • At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a terrific picture! Even though I am not a dog owner your description made me want to go see it. Have you worked out your kennel situation for your trip?

    On another note-I really enjoyed your site, well written and interesting.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home