A Little Bit of Culture

My New Year's resolution for 2006 is to add a little bit of culture to my life. The purpose of this blog is to document my cultural experiences and discoveries.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

What I have learned in 15 years.

A friend referred me to Tom McMahon's blog recommending one of his recent posts “What I have learned in 15 years”. Fifteen years ago Tom's son Ryan, then 8-years-old, suffered a severe brain injury that left him unable to walk or talk or feed himself. In this post he shares some of the lessons he learned in those 15 years. It is the most moving list of "lessons learned" I have ever read. Initially, in this post, I was going to include stories of people I know that have gone through similar experiences, but on second thought, I don’t think that is necessary. Tom’s story stands alone. Please take the time to check it out, I promise it will give you food for thought: http://www.tommcmahon.net/2006/02/what_i_have_lea.html

After further review of McMahon’s blog history, I must say that I like what I see and plan to visit his site often. Also, I was surprised to learn that he lives in my back yard; Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin and is employed by Waukesha based GE Medical Systems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home