A Little Bit of Culture

My New Year's resolution for 2006 is to add a little bit of culture to my life. The purpose of this blog is to document my cultural experiences and discoveries.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Walk the Line

It’s been months since I watched a DVD at home. Last night's viewing of “Walk the Line”, the Johnny Cash story, was a welcome change of pace. I grew up listening to Johnny’s music (my mother was a big fan). The movie which documented his life from a young boy through his marriage to June Carter Cash held a few surprises. I had known virtually nothing of his early years, his marriage to Vivien or how he got his start in the music business. I certainly had no idea that he had pined for June Carter since he was a young man; they had toured together while both married to others early in his career. Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon certainly do Johnny and June’s music justice.

I highly recommend this movie even if you are not a Johnny Cash fan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home