A Little Bit of Culture

My New Year's resolution for 2006 is to add a little bit of culture to my life. The purpose of this blog is to document my cultural experiences and discoveries.

Monday, September 04, 2006

In the Bored Room

My husband and I recently watched the academy award nominated film "In the Bedroom". Thirty minutes into the film T. paused the DVR saying, "This movie is way too slow." Later when Frank is murdered, he declared, "Finally some action”. He has since renamed the film "In the Bored Room".

The movie stars Sissy Spacek and Tom Wilkinson who play the Fowlers; a middle aged married couple living in Maine. The film traces their grieving process after their son Frank is murdered. Frank had been dating Natalie an older woman played by Marisa Tomei who is separated from her abusive husband. The murderer is Richard Stout (William Mapothor) the not quite ex-husband who can’t bear to see his wife run around with another man.

My husband's strong dislike of the film overshadowed any opinion I may have formed of the film.

Conclusion: If you like a lot of action and are a realist at heart this film probably is not for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home