A Little Bit of Culture

My New Year's resolution for 2006 is to add a little bit of culture to my life. The purpose of this blog is to document my cultural experiences and discoveries.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

A Legend: Rodney Dangerfield

We watched the Comedy Central documentary: Legends: Rodney Dangerfield which we had DVR'd. And what a legend he is. His humor appealed to everyone young and old. I remember watching a taped segment of Rodney from the tonight show with Grandparents, parents and grandchildren. Everyone was laughing.

Rodney's road to success was not quick or without hardship. He was born Jack Cohen. Quit the comedy business in his twenties to sell aluminum siding (he was probably the funniest aluminum siding salesman there ever was). He made a comeback in his forties under his new name Rodney Dangerfield. Eventually he appeared on the Ed Sullivan show and was so funny even Ed laughed. He started Dangerfield's a comedy house in New York so he could stay home and be close to his children. Ultimately his one-liner style of comedy influenced countless comedians.

Conclusion: The documentary was phenomenal ~ Rodney is most definitely a legend.

My mother-in-law's favorite Dangerfield joke: I just got back from a pleasure trip. I took my mother-in-law to the airport.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home